Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Light work










  Via the topmost link in his blog's
  list of other pages to visit, I
  discovered a small portfolio of
  photographs of factory workers by
  the 20th Century master, Robert
  Doisneau, which naturally do put
  one in mind of Valéry Lorenzo's
  incessant explorations of the ac-
  tivity of light. It strikes me,
  his restlessness is somewhat like
  that of light, itself, unwitting
  and free in its associations, un-
  blinking in unsparing identifica-
  tion. Possibly, we contemplate a 
  boldness in any engagement with
  illumination: its impartiality.









ii   Purpose, 2009
iv   Valéry Lorenzo    
       Silver print photograph 





2 comments:

  1. Dear Gentleman
    "It's just work, all that matters is work"
    The light is my paint, my eyelashes my brushes. (I always supported my photographs with the image of a painting whose colors are to be interpreted as you do (like nobody else)). Doisneau said "There are people who have the courtoisie to live before writing." I love this modest point of view even if I am not at Doisneau's level.

    Thank you very much Monsieur !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologise for the late reply, Valéry. I thank you for accepting this impression of your relationship with light and for these illuminating corrections. We are privileged to glimpse your consciousness of being part of a tradition in its exploration and 'usage,' which naturally enriches considerably our sharing of it.

      Thank you again for visiting rmbl and for engaging all readers in your remarks; this fortunate gesture is one of the rewards of sustaining the page, and a keen sustenance in rewarding its ventures.

      Delete