Friday, April 5, 2019

Suppose it were Friday clxxi: Promising news of farce





The week has brought word of a worthy
parody of the American President, oth-
er than by himself, on which I've been
made eager to lay my hands. I feel the
temptation to scoop this new trouvaille
for myself, strangely enough, before re-
porting further; but my hopes are unut-
terably elevated by its not being avail-
able through Amazon. Imagine, a package
from somewhere other than precedent.




At the same time, we are well enough a-
long now in Lent to deny ourself diurnal
gasps at the latest fashions in politic-
al apologias. I think it was the guy who
lately pretended there was a time when
mauling the voiceless gender was a good
time to be had by all, who left us with
this impression of being freed from such
distractions. It isn't that etiquette
has changed, and it's always been one's
responsibility not to need to be told.
The pose he presents is a tease without
a tactic, the oblivious lamb as leader.
For a society humiliated already by its
credulity, whose joke is this, anyway?












Ryan Koning
  on the runways





No comments:

Post a Comment