Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Choatie in a room with Shaw




      I'm gettin' married 
        in the morning
      Ding, dong, the bells 
        are gonna chime
      Pull out the stopper, 
        we'll have a whopper
      But get me 
        to the church on time







      I got to get there
        in the morning
      Spruced up and lookin'
        in me prime
      Girls come and kiss me
        say that you'll miss me
      But get me 


































George Bernard Shaw
Pygmalion
1913

Alan Jay Lerner '35
  lyricist
My Fair Lady
1956

Crane Brinton
The Anatomy of
  Revolution
Vintage Books

Edmund S. Morgan
The Stamp Act Crisis
University of North
  Carolina Press

Thomas S. Kuhn
The Structure of
  Scientific Revolutions
University of Chicago Press

James Obergefell
  plaintiff
Obergefell v. Hodges
Supreme Court of the United States
28 April 2015







2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. A Windsor chair, an épée, and a spiffy stripe for a towel, not necessarily in that order, work wonders in distracting us from the absence of carpeting, don't you find, Maître? Thank you for the pleasure of your visit !

      Delete