Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Origins of Wednesday xxix: The placard forest






And this man. What does he now seem like, to you?




Like a child
  who has wandered into a   forest
Playing with an imaginary
  playmate
And suddenly discovers he
  is only a child
Lost in a forest, wanting
  to go home.









Compassion may be
  already a clue

Towards finding your
  own way out of the
  forest









But even if I find
  my way out of the
  forest
I shall be left with the 
  inconsolable memory
Of the treasure I went into the
  forest to find
And never found, and which
  was not there

And perhaps is not anywhere?
  But if not anywhere,
Why do I feel guilty at not 
  having 
  found it?

























T.S. Eliot
The Cocktail Party
  A Comedy
  Act II
1950
Harcourt, Brace©

Riita Paivalainen
Ida Pimentoff




No comments:

Post a Comment