Friday, July 29, 2016

Party






rmbl opened 7.29 
very tentatively -
there remain now 
the possibilities






            Is blindness, then, the gift you give before
            The rest? - forgiveness, say, so hard to find
            In what's at hand, the common day which seems
            At last the light that yields such heat, such beams.



 
                   
     





















J.D. McClatchy
The Rest of the Way
  Poems
  An Old Song Ended
  [fragment]
Alfred A. Knopf, 1992©




Isabelle Pariente-Butterlin










4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary, Red Mug Blue Linen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary, Laurent! Your writings enlighten in intriguing and rewarding ways.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for excuses I know I seldom deserve, and would have to attribute to resources and friends I try to name, which one can scarcely begin to do. Still, I admire this kind of debt, and I thank you for adding to it. Enjoy the place!

      Delete